Slow to the Party was born in February 2019. Here is my story….
- I live by the sea near my birth town of Portsmouth, the UK’s only island city. (That makes it sound way better than it really is.)
- When I say I’m ‘near Portsmouth’, I’m safely over the water on the Isle of Wight. So I can insult it all I like, as nobody from The Mainland ever, ever comes over here.
- We actually moved here when I was three, and I loved books and wanted to be a writer or an actress.
- When I was ten my dad told my mother to stop buying me books because he didn’t want me to get “big-headed”. Thanks dad.
- I left school at 13 (I have something in common with Jennifer Lawrence!) and then shortly after I went to The Mainland.
- I found my way to university (college my American readers). I had zero confidence and made a mess of things. I tried to be an actress but quit. BTW – those actresses who claim to suffer crippling anxiety? Don’t believe ’em. It’s not the profession for you if you’ve got anxiety.
- I’m now stranded back on the Isle of Wight. After university, I went to live with my dad again, before he got sick with cancer and pulmonary fibrosis.
- He died in October 2018. He was incredibly tough and brave.
- Slow to the Party was born the following February. I’d blogged on and off for a few years but decided it helped me after his death to dedicate myself to it as I battle through bereavement and starting (hopefully) a new life.
- I’m always a little slow to the party. Stuff gets in the way, doesn’t it?
x Lindsay x
Be friends on Goodreads
Follow me on Twitter!
or my Instagram