Slow to the Party – where I have my finger on the pulse (sorta) of the latest film, TV and book reviews!
- I live by the sea near my original hometown Portsmouth – the UK’s only island city! (That makes it sound way better than it really is.)
- When I say I’m ‘near Portsmouth’, I’m actually over the water on the Isle of Wight.
- My parents moved here when I was three. They took me with them.
- I loved books and wanted to be a writer or an actress. When I was ten my dad told my mother to stop buying me books because he didn’t want me to get “big-headed”.
- I left school at 13 (I have something in common with Jennifer Lawrence!) and then shortly after I went back to The Mainland.
- Amazingly, I went to university, where I acted in plays. I wanted to be an actress but stage fright nixed that.
- I’m currently stranded back on the Isle of Wight. After university, I went to live with my dad again.
- I was his caretaker through his depression, cancer and pulmonary fibrosis.
- He died October 2018.
- Slow to the Party was born the following year. I’d blogged on and off for a bit, but it helped me after his death to dedicate myself to it, while I rebuild (hopefully) my new life.
- I’m always a little slow to the party. Stuff just gets in the way.
x Lindsay x
Be friends on Goodreads
Follow me on Twitter!
or my Instagram