A couple of weeks ago, I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by raistlin0903.
Thank you for the nomination, and here is my belated response!
These are the rules:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
My answers to the questions I was asked:
-How long have you been blogging, and what made you get started in the first place?
I started the blog in 2014 because I had dreams (and they were very distant dreams) about writing as a career. I spoke to a careers adviser who said: “Well you have a WordPress blog, right?” I only started to blog frequently in September this year.
-Say that you could interview someone on your blog, who would it be, and why him/her?
I suppose I’d love to interview a British actress, probably Daisy Ridley as she is the new Star Wars star.
-What is your favourite Anime/Movie/TV show of all time?
The Empire Strikes Back. More formative than anything. Second place the Mysterious Cities of Gold cartoon series.
-Do you own any merchandise? If so, what is the thing that you like the most in your collection?
I have one Star Wars figure. Shaak Ti from the prequels!
-Is there anything you would like to do someday, but just have not yet been able to accomplish?
Publish my first novel for starters.
-What is the post you are most proud of, and why is that?
Tough question. Really I’m just pleased that my writing is getting better (I hope).
-Has there ever been a post on your blog that you have regretted writing? If so, why is that?
I don’t regret any of the stuff on my blog, but there’s this weird thing where sometimes I hit publish but the post is time-stamped as hours/days earlier and it gets buried. I also really try to hold back from being critical, as I think it turns people off. But I don’t like everything and I want to be authentic and honest.
-Why did you get interested in Movies/Anime?
As a toddler I just wanted to read and watch movies. I wanted to escape!
-Do you have any goals that you would like to ultimately achieve with your blog?
It would be great if I have a couple hundred fellow bloggers and readers who visit regularly. And if I can make them smile/roll their eyes. It’s also great to make contacts with people who are often very passionate and knowledgeable about their subjects.
-What if you could star in your own Anime/Movie? What kind of Anime/Movie would it be, and who would you play?
It would be a sci-fi like Prometheus. I’d play an incompetent scientist who bumbles across the universe.
-What was the worst Anime/Movie that you have ever seen?
I’ve pretty much stuck to movie and book blogs.
I know everyone is busy – I barely have time to keep up with the blogs I follow. But I have to spread the sunshine on a very cloudy day….(and if I’ve nominated you and it’s an impertinence by all means ignore me!)
- White on Film
- Richard’s Blog
- Blog About Everything
- Jason’s Movie Blog
- Netflix Instant Reviews….
- Tall Writer
- Neon Reels
- The Cinematic Explorer
- Monday Morning Movie Quarterback
- If you could make any actor/actress/filmmaker/writer just disappear to continue their reign of terror in another dimension, who would it be?
- Is there a city where you would really love to set your own film/book, and what would it be about?
- Have you ever visited a city/country because it was featured in a film or book?
- Were there any TV shows/movies/books that you lived and breathed when you were a child/teen?
- Is it better to make a classic, respected novel into a movie, or better to adapt a poor novel and try to improve it?
- Is there a movie you liked better than the book?
- Are there any actors/actresses/writers/directors that you feel are vastly underrated?
- How do you feel about all the sequels/reboots etc? Still love ’em or bored?
- Do you have any favourite books or websites that helped you learn about blogging/writing/film criticism?
- Are there any films/books on your shelf still begging to be read?
- Who (is) are your favourite film directors/novelists (of all time)?